Mgt485 Unit 3 DB
Newspaper publishers should convert to electronic publishing over paper publishing as their primary product. Some book publishers offer already electronic versions of their textbook. Do you agree with this strategic change?
MGT485 Unit 3 IP
Research the Danone Group (http://www.danone.com/en/company/introduction.html).
Using your readings, the Library, and the Internet, write responses to each of the following:
1. What is your impression of the operation of the Danone Group? This section refers to Application of concepts / theories in respect to global operations.
2. Conduct a SWOT Analysis of the Danone Group. This would be a SWOT analysis. However, if you want, instead of SWOT, you can complete IFAS and EFAS.
3. Does the Danone Group have a competitive advantage and/or a competitive strategy? Justify your answer. Porter's model would be applicable here (Five Forces of Competitiveness & Competitive Advantage model). Please avoid repeating the concepts / theories / definitions. I am looking for you applying the concept to this question.
4. Choose one Danone Group product (http://www.danone.com/en/company/introduction.html). Describe the components of this product value chain. This section should be discussing the concept of Value Chain relevant to the company.
5. What strategic alternatives are open to the Danone Group? Explain and justify your answer. Explain and justify your answer. This section should discuss alternative strategies / recommendation (strategies such as growth, retrenchment, differentiation, stability, horizontal / vertical /forward / backward integration). Additional QUALITY research is necessary for justification of your answer.
The response addresses the queries posted in 406 words with references.
//While writing this kind of paper, first of all, we will give a brief explanation of the strategic conversion to electronic publishing from paper publishing.//
In this age of globalization, technological advancement is taking place on a great scale and its implications can be seen in almost every aspect of the society. Access to the internet has become a common phenomenon and people prefer to find most of their necessary information on the net. Transfer of information has become much easier with the help of the worldwide connectivity through the internet. Therefore, the use of electronic media is finding a place in almost every field and the area of publishing is one among them. In the present scenario, electronic publishing is gaining significance and is preferred over the paper publishing. Most of the book publishers have already started offering the electronic versions of their book to the customers.
This is definitely a significant strategic change, as it facilitates in solving various drawbacks related with the paper publishing. The first and the foremost thing is that paper publishing is expensive and takes a lot of time in reaching the customers as compared to the electronic publishing. Electronic publishing serves the purpose of easy dissemination of necessary information in the exact time. Another important thing is that the transaction cost involved in accessing the internet for information is quite low and thereby, it encourages the readers. Access to any article over the internet is much easy than searching it from a bunch of books and paper journals. Some of the e-mail notifications are also available on the net to make the search easier and simpler (Electronic Publication).
Information available on the net also helps in solving the problem of archiving, which basically refers to the filing of data. The previous data and information can be stored and retrieved easily without much difficulty. In this way, it provides greater ease to the customers and helps avoid the wastage of time. Therefore, electronic publishing can be significantly helpful in reaching to a huge number of customers by reducing the gap between the writers and readers.
Electronic Publication. Retrieved September 9, 2009 from http://economicsbulletin.vanderbilt.edu/EPublishing.asp
The response addresses the queries posted in 1687 words with references.
//After discussing the above, now, we will start with the introduction of the Danone Group followed by an in depth analysis of its worldwide operations. Subsequently, we will move on with the analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats faced by the company.//
Danone Group is the largest and widely reputed French food products company with its headquarters situated in Paris, France. The Government of France views the company as a 'strategic industry' and has accorded due protection to it by the French law to prevent takeover by other foreign ownership. The group experiences an international presence worldwide and over 90,000 people are employed by it in more than 120 countries. Apart from its strong international presence, ...
The response addresses the queries posted in 2100 words with references.