Eric Berkman (2001, January 24), Why we're Still Talking About Alignment, CIO Magazine. Retrieved from http://www.cio.com.au/article/38724/why_we_re_still_talking_about_alignment/
IT University of Goteborg (2013), Aligning IT Strategy with Business Strategy Through The Balanced Scorecard, Retrived from http://www.techrepublic.com/whitepapers/aligning-it-strategy-with-business-strategy-through-the-balanced-scorecard/287956
Allan Holmes (2007, January 1) The ROI of Alignment. CIO Online. Retrieved from http://www.cio.com/article/27969/The_ROI_of_Alignment© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:04 am ad1c9bdddf
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND BUSINESS-LEVEL STRATEGY: TOWARD AN INTEGRATED THEORETICAL PERSPECTIVE. Academic Journal By: Drnevich, Paul L.; Croson, David C. MIS Quarterly. Jun2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p483-509. 27p. 2
Tie Your IT Budget To Business Strategy. Periodical By: Gomolski, Barbara. Computerworld. 8/21/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p48-48. 2/3p
IT STRATEGY, AS THE EFFECTIVE TOOL OF ACHIEVEMENT COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES OF THE COMPANY. Academic Journal By: Murov, Victor; Staver, Artem. Economics & Management. 2008, p129-129. 1/2p
Why IT strategy focused on maintaining cutting-edge technology is effective in business strategy
The use of Information technology (IT) represents a critical facet of the operational capacity and organizational structure of companies or businesses. IT tools are used to enhance the efficiency and quality of any company, and the IT portion of the organization is a repository for highly proprietary and critical corporate information. Without competent Information Technology, companies lack sufficient access to necessary business resources that can prevent destruction of the company's critical infrastructure and prevent the company from suffering serious consequences. Strategically using IT within the organization can enhance operational performance and increase competitive advantage over competitors.
To foster this type of increased productivity ...
Reasons for including an aim to maintain cutting-edge technology in a business strategy are given in 778 words, with references.
International Business Competitiveness
1. What are the characteristics of corporate strategy? What are the characteristics of business strategy? How do these differ? Provide an example of each strategy.
2. Identify the 5 Forces in Porter's Industry Analysis Model. Then discuss three important factors for each force
3. There are many goals corporations may have. Identify two goals and provide examples of each. Then discuss how the strategy of the corporation is different as they follow each of the two goals.
4. As companies develop international strategies they can take different structures. Your text and the slides for the course identify several structures. Please discuss in detail three of these and how they differ.
5. "The fact that so many companies that have been outstandingly successful in their home market have failed so miserably in their overseas expansion demonstrates the complexity of international management." Please comment on this statement using models and theories from the class in your discussion.
6. There are many reasons a firm may choose to diversify. Please identify two of these. Then comment - with examples - on why a firm would diversify
7. One of the most common tools used to analyze the portfolio of a diversified company is the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) matrix. Please identify the components of this model. Then - discuss in detail the pros and cons of this model?
8. The text and the lectures identify three generic strategies. Please discuss all three of these and the differences among them. Be sure to provide an example of each strategy.View Full Posting Details