Please respond to the following:
?Choose a health professional association (e.g., American Public Health Association, The American College of Healthcare Executives, etc.).
?Provide the following about the professional association or organization you chose:
?And some of its current goals
?Give information on how the organization or association supports persons in health service administration professional careers© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:25 am ad1c9bdddf
American Psychiatric Association
The mission of American Psychiatric Association is to promote the highest and attainable quality care for people with mental disabilities and disorders and their families, to promote psychiatric education and research, to advance and represent the profession of psychiatry and to serve the professional needs of its membership (Vision, 2012).
The American Psychiatric Association is an organization of psychiatrists that works together to ensure that humane care and effective treatment for all the persons with mental disorders including intellectual development disorders and even substance disorders. It tends to be the voice and conscience of the modern psychiatry. Its vision is a society that has available, accessible quality psychiatric diagnosis and the treatment of the same (Vision, 2012).
American Psychiatric Association has a number of things that it ...
Health care professional associations are examined.
Credentials from the Heathcare Financial Management Association
1. A broad term commonly used for medical professionals who are not nurses and not physicians is allied health personnel. Dental Hygienist is a very well respected allied health profession. Describe the field, and be sure to include training, professional role, and other aspects to this profession.
2. The general public typically uses the terms licensure, certification, and registration interchangeably when referring to medical professionals. However, each term has a specific and important meaning with regard to regulating medical occupations. Explain the meaning of these terms, and relate the important differences among them.
3. Health insurance is a concept developed in the United States and now appearing in many other nations of the world. Its history and development is an interesting story. Briefly trace the history of health insurance in America, from the beginnings with Blue Cross up to the Managed Care era.
4. It is abundantly clear that Americans spend more per capita on health care than any other nation on earth. What are the key drivers of our large health care expenditures in the U.S.? Cite at least five key drivers, and explain the impact of each on total medical spending.
5. An interesting and innovative approach to care of American seniors is adult day care. What exactly is adult day care, where is it provided, and what role is it filling today in our communities? Would you personally utilize this service for a senior family member? Why, or why not?
6. Hospice provides tremendous support for patients and families at time of true need, near the end of a family member's life. But Hospice continues to be poorly utilized in many parts of America. How would you describe the role of Hospice? What can be done to improve the utilization of Hospice services when the need exists?
7. Case Study
Please visit the following site http://www.hfma.org/
Part 1: What is the process for earning credentials from HFMA in the field of health care finance? What kinds of professional roles would individuals earning these credentials typically be able to achieve? Why would one be interested in pursuing a career in medical finance?
Part 2: What types of resources does this organization provide to its members and others in the health care community? As a health care manager, what HFMA resources would one see his or herself utilizing for their facility and career?
Book: Sultz, H., & Young, K. (2011). Health care USA: Understanding its organization and delivery (7th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.