Review the following Team Charter:
Team Ground Rules and Guidelines
1. Meeting Team Assignment Deadlines: We will post our individual portions early enough to allow the team adequate time to coordinate the final project and post it for final team review. Prior to start of the project, a timeline will be established to ensure each person stays on task. Each member will post his or her individual assignments within the group on time and within the specified time agreed upon by the team. No submission of new individual material is allowed after Sunday noon (AZ time) so that all material can be properly proofed. Failure to turn in individual material will mean that the team member will not receive credit for the team project.
2. Communication: The Learning Team forum is the primary means of communication. It is the responsibility of each member to keep current with all postings in the forum. If necessary, the team will use alternative methods of contact; such as email, IM or phone calls. Check in to the Learning Team forum often or after the workday. Anyone who has not checked in after 4 days should expect a call. Your personal business is the team's business if it affects deliverables/assignments
3. Computer problems are not considered an accepted excuse for lack of communication or not submitting assignments. Each team member should have a back-up plan to deal with computer difficulties.
4. Team meetings: As a team, we will organize team meetings online, prior to and during each project, in order to allow each member to participate
5. Respect for others: We will do our best at conveying ideas and offering constructive criticism. Each member will be respectful of other members and their work and opinions. Comments are not to be punitive or demeaning of a team member's intelligence or contribution.
Expectations for Time Management and Involvement
(Participation, communication with the team, accessibility, etc)
Each team member will complete not only their portion of the assignment, but will also brainstorm, critique, and assist each other so we can provide quality work in a timely manner to which we can all be proud of.
Apply the best of my knowledge for team success. Specifically, develop an understanding of the dynamics of working as a team member and providing leadership.
As a team we should all work together to complete all assignments well within due dates. Our team will function as a team with each member producing quality work highlighting our individual talents that will directly benefit our team.
Provide the best individual effort for a quality team project.
Create an atmosphere by which each team member can comment on each others work in a constructive manner and offer ideas that will better the assignments as a whole.
What to do if a team member cannot be reached or isn't participating to the satisfaction of the team?
The facilitator should be notified.
Said team member's name will not be added to the team assignment.
What do you, as a team, agree will make this team experience different from past team experiences.
Communicate. Communication is the "key" to successful relationships, whether it is at work or personal lives. It is the essential ingredient in working with teams. If a member is not able to submit their deliverables on time, they should advise the team so that we can have the opportunity to work around this.
Required: Is there enough information provided in the section of dispute resolution? What strategies could be used to provide stronger strategies?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 21, 2018, 5:36 pm ad1c9bdddf
Working in a group can be very challenging especially if all the team members are not at the same location. This can cause serious problems which can result in the team missing important deadlines for task assigned. With any group there are going to be disputes among team members. The team must manage those disputes in a manner that does not jeopardize the entire project. Certain strategies must be adopted beforehand to help prevent disputes and assist in resolving them that were not prevented. The following is a list of strategies that could be used to provide stronger dispute resolution management.
- Define expectations at onset of each project
- Establish contact with team via messaging, email, fax, and/or telephone
- Make ...
A team charter is reviewed and it is discussed whether or not dispute resolution is sufficiently addressed. Further strategies are provided.