If we focus on identifying the challenges and opportunities for Nate and Alyssa in this negotiation, what would the examples and evidence that should be used?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 4:46 pm ad1c9bdddf
CHALLENGES FOR NATE, EXAMPLES AND EVIDENCE
1. Adjusting and establishing himself as a leader.
2. Changing his image from that of a disorganized and grumpy person.
3. He needs to maintain the facilities for his staff. That is providing them with private offices, finding space for the printers and other office equipment.
4. He needs to face the arrogant and self -assuming behavior of Alyssa, as evidenced by her cutting short the discussion by getting into the elevator and leaving.
5. He needs to negotiate the space issue in such a manner that he is able to fulfill the staffing and decision making responsibilities.
6. He needs to retain enough space so that he can carry out his functions of style, design and content for each magazine.
7. Specifically Nate needs to have for his staff the facilities of the library so that referencing and storage of back issues can be carried out, the editorial team should have a peaceful environment and space for page proofs, computer equipment, and informal meetings with the magazine staff members, the graphic artists need adequate natural illumination, the magazine editors need private cubicles and access to copier and printers. It is a challenge for Nate to be able to provide all these facilities to his staff.
8. Nate needs to face the 'rigidity' of Alyssa squarely and negotiate on equal footing.
9. Nate needs to stand up to the derision and superciliousness of Alyssa and be assertive about his needs.
10. Nate needs to size up Alyssa correctly; the evidence is "all salespersons are alike" is not a very appropriate appraisal of Alyssa. He has to understand her negotiation strategies and systematically counter act them. Her conceit, and belligerence needs to be studied carefully and opposed by him ...
Here is just a sample of what you'll find in this solution:
"He has to understand her negotiation strategies and systematically counter act them. Her conceit, and belligerence needs to be studied carefully and opposed by him else he may lose valuable space and position."