Define personal and business communication and the elements of communication in the workplace.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 5, 2021, 1:53 am ad1c9bdddf
Communication is a two-way process: a sender and a receiver of the message.
Communication skills play a vital role in all aspects of our lives, professional and personal.
There are five types of communication.
1. Verbal communication is when language is used to transfer information through speaking or sign language.
2. Nonverbal communication is when body language, gestures and facial expressions are used to convey information to others.
3. Written communication is the process used to convey a message through handwriting, typing, texting, and so forth.
4. Formal and Informal communication - emails, letterheads, memos, reports and other written material are identified as formal. In contrast, social media, Whatsapp, SMS are identified as Informal communication. It is also known as Grapevine communication (spreads rapidly).
5. Visual communication is when ideas and information is transfer using signs, typography, drawing, graphic design, illustration, industrial design, advertising, animation, color, and electronic resources.
Good Communication Versus Bad Communication
Good communication skills enable others and yourself to understand information more accurately and quickly. In contrast, bad or poor communication skills are the root of misunderstanding and frustration.
An illustration of good communication. Describes a difficult work situation/project and how you overcame it. We must first, (a) dissect the question; (b) get a clear understanding of the question; (c) describe a difficult work situation/project; then (d) how you overcame it. For it is only then, ...
The Solution outlines how communication is the act of conveying information from one individual or group to another.