A business letter has multiple segments, including the Opening and the Closing. What are they? Provide the item, and a short description. What is the purpose of each segment? Is formatting a letter necessary? What are some items you include in the format of a letter?
2. For a professional business letter, what are some examples of an Opening and a Closing (providing both innovative/creative options, and some dull options)? What are some examples of how you Open a letter, and Close a letter? Do you keep your Openings and Closings to a letter professional? In what situations, if any, should you use To Whom It May Concern: to open a letter?
3. There are many ways to create documents for work written by hand, with the assistance of technology, and even verbally. For documents created using technology, has this improved communication in the business world (or not)? If it has improved communication, list specific examples. If not, also list specific examples.
4.When doing a job search, do you use a cover letter? If so, what is the purpose of a cover letter? For job searching online/electronically, do you use a cover letter as well? Does the cover letter seem to be as important as it used to be, when searching for a job?
625 words© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 3:45 am ad1c9bdddf
1. A business letter has multiple segments, including the Opening and the Closing. What are they?
Provide the item, and a short description. What is the purpose of each segment? Is formatting a letter necessary? What are some items you include in the format of a letter?
The segments of a business letter include:
a. Obviously a return address at the beginning of the letter (your letterhead)
b. An address to the person you are writing to
c. A regards section - what the letter is about
d. Greeting/Salutation- who is the letter addressed to, example Dear Sir
e. The body of the letter, including introduction and closing
f. Signature line
g. If it is a letter written by a professional many times they have someone else type the letter for them, therefore you would include the person writing/dictating the letter followed by the person's initials that typed the letter. For example if Bob Smith ...
This solution provides an explanation of the segments of a business letter, examples of an opening and closing, and assistance of technology.
Technology of Business Communications
Identify as many business communications technology applications as possible. For each situation briefly describe:
1. The business communications situation (including the business function being accomplished)
2. The way communication occurred in the pre-technology setting
3. The technology now being used
4. The advantages and disadvantages to the technology-aided communication approach
Technology application examples can range from situations as varied as using the telephone or walkie-talkie to talk to someone vs. talking in person to tweeting to advertise product enhancements.
A table is provided (four pages long) with applications in table and discussion in boxes next to application.View Full Posting Details