Not what you're looking for?
At a recent meeting, one of your coworkers stated that "Using the right analysis tool will compensate for inexperienced managers."
How would you reply to your coworker? Consider the following items in your discussion:
1. Do the tools help only in certain situations such as routine, daily or rather mundane decisions, like cost controls, quality controls or staffing questions (in term of number of people needed)?
2. How can analysis tools help the finance or accounting arms of a company more so than operations managers? (For example, do computers really think? Do they learn from their mistakes? Can they manipulate or change their environment?)
3. What happens if the data entered is wrong?
Purchase this Solution
Response is 465 words in everyday language suitable for a novice. Clear examples given. Three web-based references given.
1. Do the tools help only in certain situations such as routine, daily, or rather mundane decisions, like cost controls, quality controls, or staffing questions (in terms of number of people needed)?
Tools help in routine and non-routine decisions. Tools are matched to the decision needed. So, the analysis tools for deciding whether to outsource (infrequent) or buy a new building (30 year asset) differ from the monitoring tools for detecting late shipment patterns (check frequently) or off standard purchases (check on each purchase). The tools that are used frequently are more well known because they address common and routine decisions.
2. How can analysis tools help the finance or accounting arms of a company more so than operations managers? (For example, do computers really think? Do they ...
- BSc, University of Virginia
- MSc, University of Virginia
- PhD, Georgia State University
- "hey just wanted to know if you used 0% for the risk free rate and if you didn't if you could adjust it please and thank you "
- "Thank, this is more clear to me now."
- "Awesome job! "
- "Great Analysis, thank you so much"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
The following quiz will assess your ability to identify steps in the marketing research process. Understanding this information will provide fundamental knowledge related to marketing research.
Importance of Critical Thinking
This quiz will let you know some of the basics of dealing with older workers. This is increasingly important for managers and human resource workers as many countries are facing an increase in older people in the workforce
This quiz will test your understanding of how to write good business plans, the usual components of a good plan, purposes, terms, and writing style tips.
These questions are based on features of the previous word versions that were easy to figure out, but now seem more hidden to me.