What is the final analysis of Kenneth Dailey of FMC Green River?
What type of organizational change is needed at FMC Green River?
What type of organizational developement is needed at Green River?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 19, 2018, 9:18 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see response attached (Posting 56327.doc) (also below), as well as supporting articles. I hope this helps and take care.
I. What is the final analysis of Kenneth Dailey of FMC Green River?
This depends on what you have already completed and the strategy that you have decided on. However, it seems that Dailey would be implementing a similar structure as Aberdeen's participatory/team approach. It is a human resource problem (low morale, motivation, isolation, culture of suspicion and low morale, etc.). Management will probably need training in moving toward this type new organizational structure and leadership/style role in order to role model to the groups the participatory techniques (i.e., transparency, open communication, shared decision making by all team players by inviting ideas and listening to employees, etc.). Need to build inter-group relations.
Increase employee motivation through Job Design and Goal Setting; Performance Appraisal; Pay and Career Path. Let's look at each of these:
Job Design and Goal Setting
- The purpose of the management ability in the organization, including that of job design and goal setting, is imperative. Employees and their organization commitment to the company can play a big part in the success of a company. In fact, job satisfaction in regard to one's feelings or state-of-mind regarding the nature of their work is a very important subject. The ethics of the organization also comes into play and effects employee moral and motivation.
- Aberdeen and Green River are both plants that work under the FMC Corporation. Aberdeen is a fairly new company that was founded on the beliefs of participative management and empowerment to its employees.
- Even though it's only been around for a short period of time, it's proven to be a very profitable and productive plant. Aberdeen only has one product line, but they have proven to be very efficient with the production of it. The techniques, and managerial style used at Aberdeen give workers a greater sense of responsibility, and has a primary focus of trust between workers.
- The plant at Green River has been around for a much longer period of time and has a much more diverse product line. They specialize in different chemicals that are used in a variety of different industries. The manager at Green River considers himself to be open-minded and willing to give more responsibility to his employees, but he's not sure if it will work. Green River already has and organizational structure that they've been using since the fifties. It could be difficult and in some cases impossible to change the structure of their business with any kind of efficiency. However, the participative management and empowerment to its employees are a definite possibility.
- Green River and Aberdeen - the structure that is appropriate is the spatial differentiation, where work is divided according to geographical locations. However, in case of Green river, a personal differentiation is appropriate where work is divided according to the personal specialty.
- The extent that individuals and groups perceive their own goals as being satisfied by the accomplishment of organizational goals is the degree of integration of goals. When all shares organizational goals, the term goal congruence ...
Referring to Kenneth Dailey FMC Green River, this solution discusses the final analysis and the type of organizational change and development needed at FMC Green River. Supplemented with two highly informative articles on intergroup relations and communication and leaderships pyramids of skills for Kenneth Dailey to consider.