I need help with this three questions.
Please be detailed so I can understand. Each questions needs at least 20 complete sentences in a essay format.
1. Identify organization culture and norms.
2. What is Action Research? Discuss the various stages of Action Research. Illustrate with help of an example how the concept of Action Research can take place in your life.
3. Trace the evolution of Organization Development--how it came into existence and its present significance both at the practitioner and academic levels.
Thank you so much!!© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:13 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Organizational culture consists of organizational values, vision, working language, systems, beliefs and habits. It includes the norms, of the company. Culture creates common ground for team members. It provides a language for interpreting events and issues. The culture creates order in organizations. The organizational members understand what is expected of them. For example, an organization culture includes wearing formal clothes during working hours. The organizational members know that they are expected to wear formal clothing. The culture provides a direction continuity, and unity to the organization. At another level culture provides behaviors and strategies that support the goals of the company. For example, a company's culture is to be courteous to its customers. This behavior directly supports the company's goals of developing positive relationships with customers and increasing the sales revenue. Culture develops when the leadership supports some values. Further, when the organization supports some assumptions it forms culture. For example, an organization may support the assumption of making the best quality products. If these assumptions are supported by the organizational leadership, working towards the best quality becomes the unspoken assumption in the company. Norms are a set of beliefs that an organization has. These beliefs guide the organization in its everyday dealings and working. Norms help decision making and allow organizational members be efficient and consistent. Norms are an integral part of organizational culture. In some cases norms can become barriers to organizational change. This happens when the team members do not want to let go of some deeply held beliefs.
2. Action research is a process of inquiry carried out by and for those taking action. Action ...
Organizational culture, action research, and organizational development are explained in a structured manner in this response. The answer includes references used.
Organizational Development: Appreciative Inquiry
This project allows you to learn about a contemporary OD practitioner tool, applying it to an organizational setting of your choice. The project also allows you to develop a greater sense of self as OD practitioner.
In this class you are introduced to both classic and contemporary change methodologies. Selecting a contemporary methodology (tool), write a literature research paper. The paper will include a broad overview of the methodology, an in-depth perspective of related to Organization Development and Change, and an application within a specific organizational context.
You may choose either Appreciative Inquiry or World Café. In addition, you should address creativity and innovation. All of these should be within the context of facilitating organizational change. The paper will include three sections:
Overview. This section will cover a broad overview of the methodology/tool. Such things as description, its origins, the developer, a basic history of the tool will be included.
In-Depth. This section will provide an in-depth perspective as related to Organization Development and Change. Who is using this methodology within organizational settings? How is it being used? What are the results?
Application. This section provides an application of the tool within a specific organizational context. How would you, as an OD practitioner, use this tool to address a specific organizational challenge? Address the context as well as specific actions you would take to introduce the tool to an organization and, if given the green flag, implement it. Address the following elements in the action plan:
o Organizational Challenge. Briefly describe the context.
o Change Team: Who needs to be involved in this process to ensure its success?
o Brief discussion of alignment of this application with organization development values and assumptions.
o Describe an overall approach (strategy) for introducing and implementing it, such as Action Research, Organization Change Process.
o Describe challenges and barriers you anticipate and how you will address them. This could include organizational readiness for change, expected resistance to change, organizational leadership.
The goal of this paper is to explore ways in which to integrate contemporary organization development practices and interventions within organizational settings. In preparing this paper, you will examine how these methodologies/tools can be utilized to support and facilitate a planned change effort.
8-10 double-spaced pages (use Times Roman 12 font with standard 1" margins). You will draw from multiple sources (minimum 5) including journal articles, books, and professional references such as associations and websites.View Full Posting Details