1. Explain why Sear or Wal-mart cannot effectively create a trendy counterculture image.
2. Could the big box stores sell merchandise identical to Urban Outfitters?Explain your answer.
3. Identify at least three reasons why exclusivity is valuable.
4. Senk says that shopping is largely entertainment. DO you agree or disagree with him?Explain your answer.
669 words, ideas for expanding into paper© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 2, 2020, 12:56 am ad1c9bdddf
Please see the below. This should be good fodder for your paper.
Read the Urban Outfitters continuing Case study PArt 4:Marketing a business. Write 3-4 page report that answers the questions APA format.
1. Explain why Sears or Wal-mart cannot effectively create a trendy counterculture image.
Sears or Walmart cannot create a trendy counterculture image because of the brand personality and brand image of those retailers. The stores have an ingrained brand personality with consumers and it is difficult to overcome. Once consumers perceive a brand in a certain way it is very difficult to overcome the perception. In addition the brand image and difficulty with swaying consumers, the store experience will not be able to deliver on the image. Urban Outfitters encases the entire store and the entire store experience in delivery their brand image. Neither Sears or Walmart can make the wide-spread changes needed to adopt the image. If they do, they risk alienating their existing customer base. ...
This solution examines several elements of Urban Outfitters marketing including brand image and personality and the impact of both on creating a trendy image for a retailer; big box stores and their inability to duplicate Urban Outfitter's merchandise; the value of exclusivity; and a look at shopping as entertainment.