The solution describes the role of microbes in an ecosystem.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:11 am ad1c9bdddf
For this module you are to do the following:
Discuss the role of the microbes (you have selected)* in the ecosystem.
You may use "Chapters 6 and 7" in Microbes: Concepts and Applications, to search for your microbes.
*Note: After you have conducted independent research if you cannot find specific examples of the role of the specific microbes you have selected for the SLP you may discuss the general role of microbes in the ecosystem.
Please upload your M5 SLP when it is completed.
Fungi , Bacteria, and Algae
Role of Fungi, Bacteria, and Algae in Ecosystem
Fungi's Role in the Ecoystem
Fungi have a very diverse role in the ecosystem. Unlike plants that can perform photosynthesis to produce their own food, fungi do not have chlorophyll, and therefore must obtain food from other sources. The fungi's role in the ecosystem is that they can break down and decompose dead plants and animals. These fungi are called saprophytes. The saprophytes are like the cleaner of the dead matter in the environment because they decompose organic matter. Saprohytes grow on dead material and decay them. This include leaves, grass, dung, dead wood, and ...
Microbes played a pivotal role in the ecosystem. The world would not support life without the aid of the microbes. Bacteria can do nitrogen fixation that convert toxic gaseous nitrogen into feasible nitrates for other plants. Fungi provide the plants with nutrients to live longer and healthier. Algae provide the oxygen for all aquatic organisms to survive. Without microbes, we will all be dead.
3. What is the role of natural cycles and what part do we play in your ecosystem? Discuss three natural cycles and their effects. What do species do to adapt? Be specific.
4. Name four ways quality of life and sustainability can be enhanced. Name four (4) ways you can create a structure for these sustainability qualities. Be specific.
5. What is meant by "a template for sustainability"? Include in your answer conservation and sustainment of natural resources. What are good resources for local citizens to create a livable future (list at least 5) and state the reason you chose these.
6. What are the exact pattern of ecology to keep in balance and the rise of greenhouse gases and global warming where you live for water, open space and biodiversity preservation? How can we positively or negatively effect biomes to inner cities? What can we do? Discuss some steps in sustainable living that will benefit the present and the future? Who is doing these where you live?
7. What is your approach to preserve our future through environmental / ecological design, health and biodiversity? Give an exact example regarding what is being done where you live for each category just listed (health, design and biodiversity), as well as a contact name and number. What will you do?View Full Posting Details