1) Compression of the abdominal wall occurs by what four muscles?
2) What is the physical relationship of the intercostal muscles to each other?
3) Which muscles allow you to look up the ceiling when you are standing?
4) What muscle is a synergist of the masseter muscle?
5) Where is the origin of the levator scapulae muscle?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com April 3, 2020, 11:44 pm ad1c9bdddf
1) This is basically the action of sucking in your belly. When you consider which muscles, when they shorten, can pull your belly in, there are only a few: rectus abdominis, external/internal obliques, and transverse abdominis. They all insert along parts of the abdominal wall, and thus when they contract together, the belly gets pulled in.
2) Intercostal muscles are exactly as ...
The expert examines upper body muscles.