Please provide suitable explanation© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 9:09 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please find enclosed word file.
Discuss the mechanisms by which transcription of mRNA can be terminated in prokaryotic cells ?
Transcription in prokaryotes includes three steps:-
a. Initiation : It occurs form the promoter gene.
b. Elongation: Chain elongates in 5'-3' direction with the help of enzyme RNA polymerase (core enzyme)
c. Termination: It occurs with ...
The solution discusses mechanisms by which transcription of mRNA can be terminated in prokaryotic cells.
Transcription in Eukaryotes
1. a. What unit is considered to compose the first order of chromatin folding in eukaryotes?
b. Define the terms "heterochromatin" and "euchromatin."
c. Why is transcription control necessary in eukaryotes?
2. a. List the three types of RNA polymerase enzyme, and for each, give the RNA molecule type it produces.
b. What are the three components of a preinitiation complex?
c. Describe the promoter sequence recognized by RNA polymerase II. Why might it be more complex than the other two promoters?
3. Take any RNA polymerase and describe the sequence of events of transcription of a specific DNA sequence. Include the assembly of the preiniation complex through elongation to termination.
4. a. Describe two post-transcriptional mechanisms.
b. What is the purpose of such mechanisms?
c. What is R-looping?
5. Consider the whole process of transcription in both eukaryotes and prokaryotes. Compare and contrast the two mechanisms in detail.