The human body is composed of a number of organ systems that work together to perform all the necessary functions of the body. Each organ system is comprised of a number of component organs that work together to accomplish certain tasks.
Here are three important human organ systems: Circulatory, Respiratory, & Endocrine.
Your group will choose one of these three organ systems.
Imagine that you have been asked to provide an explanation about the structure and function of this system to a specific segment of the general public, perhaps a group of senior citizens, pregnant women, or student athletes, who want to learn more about normal functions of the human body as well as health concerns.
You will be providing the seniors with an informative handout. In this handout you will cover the following topics:
1. Describe the general function of the system and explain how the organ system contributes to physiological homeostasis of the human organism?
2. Explain how the organ system interacts with other organ systems in the human body.
3. List the organs in this system and state the function of each organ listed.
4. Select one representative organ in this system. Describe its structure and explain how the structure relates to the specific function of the organ. When describing the structure, include details about the types of cells in the organ as well as the types of tissues.
5. Select one specific disease associated with this organ system and explain how it affects the system and human health
This is an overview of the human circulatory system with detailed function of the components and impact of some diseases on this system and the entire body as a whole.