Using the library and/or Internet, research websites that offer information on various art movements. Find at least two websites for each of the following movements (for a total of 20 websites): realism, impressionism, cubism, fauvism, abstraction, Dada, surrealism, abstract expressionism, pop art, and environmental art (also referred to as "earthworks"). Any genre of art may be discussed (e.g., painting, sculpture, architecture, theater, dance, literature, philosophy, etc.). Websites may contain information on specific artists or works, or they may be more generalized in their discussion of the art movement as a whole. Give the website title and web address.
Please allow some of my ideas to guide you. Kindly rate 5/5 for my ideas:
1. This art encyclopedia defines the movement of Realist Art and its features at http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/r/realism.html.
2. The WebMuseum in Paris explores one artist from the Realist Art genre, Edouard Manet, and his paintings at http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/manet/olympia/
3. The online Web Museum in Paris further examinees the Impressionist movement at http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/glo/impressionism/
4. A comprehensive Degas website with numerous links about his philosophy, life, and works is found at http://ryecityschools.lhric.org/webquest/milton/Impressionism/Degas.htm.
5. The art history of Cubism is investigated at The Metropolitan Museum of Art's website at ...
This posting briefly offers a list of resources to explore various art movements.