Subject: Socio-Political and Economic Environment
How can better understanding our collective cultural heritage and shared humanity across time and geographic place help us to be better stewards of a global future? What role or roles do you believe understanding cultural differences across time and throughout the world plays outside academia, if any? Support your response with specific examples or details.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 3:46 am ad1c9bdddf
We better understand what does and does not work when we understand those around us, both near and far, as well as what has happened before. War is an easy example of what not to do, and yet we continue to go to war to fix other peoples and cultures, sometimes causing complete genocide or disruption of cultures and traditions. When we don't understand their perspective, we commit the crimes of war, and subject them and ourselves to these damaging aftereffects. An excellent example is the U.S. role in WWII.
We attempted to stay out of the war until brought into it for various reasons. Our reaction was to mistrust those of a different race, rounding them up and making them prisoners in their own country out of our fears. We sent those of ...
The solution provides a discussion of the question originally posted (see long description).
Socio-Political and Economic Environment
1. What is the present state of the economy (e.g., GNP, per capita income, rate of economic growth, etc.)?
2. How much debt does your country have?
3. How does the economy (particularly the economic growth rate) today compare to 20 or 30 years ago?
4. What are the dominant industries and or corporations, and who controls them?
5. How would you characterize the present government of your country (democratic, authoritarian, etc.)?
6. What is the trade relationship between your country and the United States?
Panama is the countryView Full Posting Details