12. 10 homeowners were randomly selected from the population of homeowners in Charlotte. The table below shows the tax value and 2005 gross income for each homeowner, both in 1 000s of $. Draw a scatter diagram for this sample.
13. If a fair coin is tossed 5 times, what is the probability that it will land heads up all 5 times?
14. If a biased coin, with p(Heads) = .6 is tossed 10 times.
(a) What is the probability it will land heads up 7 out of those 10 times?
(b) What is the probability it will land tails up 7 out of 10 times?
15. In a state of West Dakota, automobile license plates consist of any 3 capital letters of the alphabet followed by any 3 digits 0? 9. How many different license plates can West Dakota issue?
16. If a card is drawn randomly from a standard playing deck.
(a) What is the probability that it is a red card?
(b) What is the probability that it is a face card (J, Q, K) given that it is a heart?
(c) What is the probability that it is a heart given that it is a face card?
(d) What is the probability that it is a queen given that it is a face card?
(e) What is the probability that it is a face card given that it is a queen?
17. How many different ways to arrange 8 people in a photograph so that the 3 short people are in the front row and the 5 tall people are in the back row?
keywords: scatterplot© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 6:20 pm ad1c9bdddf
Probability, Coin Flips and Scatter Diagrams are investigated. The solution is detailed and well presented.