Here is the data:
Mean daily calories | Infant Mortality Rate (per 1,000 births)
1523 | 154
3495 | 6
1941 | 114
2678 | 24
1610 | 107
3443 | 6
1640 | 153
3362 | 7
3429 | 44
2671 | 7
a) For the above data construct a scatterplot using SPSS or Excel. What does the scatter p
(a) Make a scatterplot of the data. What does it suggest about the correlation between X and Y? (b) Use Megastat or Excel to calculate the correlation coefficient. (c) Use Excel to find t.05 for a two-tailed test. (d) Calculate the t test statistic (e) Calculate critical value of ra. (f) Can you reject p=0?
1. Find the mean of the distribution shown.
x 1 2
P(x) 0.31 0.69
2. For a normal distribution with mean 5 and standard deviation 6, the value 11 has a z value of
3. If the standard deviation of a probability dis
Question 1: Problem 2.13 from the text. Use Excel to construct your scatterplot. Write your answers to the questions in a word document. Include the scatterplot you created in your word document.
Question 2: Problem 2.37 from the text. Use Excel to construct a scatterplot. Compute the correlation coefficient by using colum
Please refer to the attached Excel Sheets fo the data.
1. For the following variables, state what kind of measurement is being used? (Nominal, Ordinal, Interval, Ratio)
a. Geographic Region
c. Payroll Expenditure
2. Create a frequency distribution for the 'beds' var
Sketch a scatterplot that could represent data from each of the following. Label the axes to indicate the independent and dependent variable.
1. People's ages (starting at 20) and their reaction times
2. Oven temperature and the cooking time for a turkey
3. Exposure to sunlight and the risk of heart attacks
1). In a study about postage tariffs and revenue, the European Economic Community wanted to look at the relationship between the number of postal employees in a country and the amount of domestic mail that was processed. They collected data for six different countries and found
Country Number of Staff Domestic Traffic
A major oil company is studying the relationship between the daily traffic count and the number of gallons of gasoline pumped at company stations. A sample of eight company owned stations is selected and the following information obtained:
a) develop a scatter diagram with the amount of gasoline pumped as the dependent variab