1. Find the coefficient of determination, given that the value of the linear correlation coefficient, r, is 0.803. Round to the nearest three decimal places.
2. A quadratic regression model is fit to a set of sample data consisting of 6 pairs of data. Given that the sum of squares of residuals is 18.17 and that the y-values are 11, 14, 19, 22, 26, 27, find
Use three decimal places.
3. Calculate the linear correlation coefficient for the given data. Round to the nearest three decimal places.
x 57 53 59 61 53 56 60
y 156 164 163 177 159 175 151
4. Four pairs of data yield r = 0.942 and the regression equation =3x.
Also, =12.75. What is the best predicted value of y for x =2.6?
5. Eight pairs of data with x values between 2 and 24 yield the regression equation
Using the equation, what is the best predicted value of y for x = 6.7. Round to one decimal place.
See attached file for full problem description.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 24, 2021, 6:41 pm ad1c9bdddf
The solution gives the details of analysis of bivariate data using correlation and regression technique. Estimation and interpretation of regression coefficients and prediction of values of dependent variable is explained.