Using the Cheerio-Paste data
1. Show three measures of central tendency for the dependent variable.
2. Is this distribution skewed? If so, in what direction? Explain your answer.
3. Why would you NOT attempt to determine the central tendency of the independent variables?
4. Determine the mean scores for men versus women.
5. Determine the variances for traditional versus transfer students.
6. Using SPSS, what is the most efficient way to find the means and standard deviations for
a) traditional men
b) traditional women
c) transfer men
d) transfer women
7. As a casual newcomer to statistics, would you say that men rate the product differently than do women ? Why or why not?
8. Let's say that 8 people take the Statz Quiz and these are their scores: 9, 9, 10, 10, 11, 11, 13, 15.
The solution provides step by step method for the calculation of descriptive statistics in SPSS. Formula for the calculation and Interpretations of the results are also included.