1) A bag contains 8 red marbles, 2 blue marbles, and 1 green marble. What is the probability of choosing a marble that is not blue?
2) College students were given three choices of pizza toppings and asked to choose one favorite. The following table shows the results.
Topping Freshman Sophomore Junior Senior
cheese 11 10 26 21
meat 23 21 10 11
veggie 10 11 23 21
Find the probability that a randomly selected student prefers cheese toppings.
3. Find the odds in favor of drawing a red marble when a marble is selected at random from a bag containing 2 yellow, 5 red, and 6 green marbles.
4. If two cards are drawn without replacement from an ordinary deck, find the probability that the second card is red, given that the first card was a heart.
5. Two marbles are drawn without replacement from a box with 1 blue, 3 white, 2 green, and 2 red marbles. Find the probability that the second marble is red, given that the first marble is white.
6) Assume that two marbles are drawn without replacement from a box with 1 blue, 3 white, 2 green, and 2 red marbles. Find the probability that the first marble is white and the second marble is blue.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 7:29 pm ad1c9bdddf
This posting contains solution to following statistics questions on Probability