Explore BrainMass

Explore BrainMass

    Completion Time of Projects

    This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!

    A project was planned using PERT with three time estimates. The expected completion time of the project was determined to be 40 weeks. The variance of the critical path is 9.
    What is the probability that the project will be finished in 46 weeks or less?
    A. 2%
    B. 73%
    C. 98%
    D. impossible to determine with this information

    Using the text above...The project manager wishes to set the due date for the completion of the project so that there is 90% chance of finishing on schedule. Thus, there would only be a 10% chance the project would take longer than this due date. What should this due date be?
    A. 40.25 weeks
    B. 43.84 weeks
    C. 51.13 weeks
    D. 60 weeks

    © BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 9:04 pm ad1c9bdddf
    https://brainmass.com/statistics/probability/a-project-was-planned-using-pert-with-three-time-estimates-164581

    Solution Summary

    This solution calculates the expected completion time of the project using the variance, standard deviation and z-test. It also determines what the due date for the project will be using the p-value.

    $2.19

    ADVERTISEMENT