This project is based on Discrete Distributions and Continuous Distributions. Question # 7 does not have to be an elaborate study, just something basic, a study that you might conduct at work.
1. What are the characteristics of a normal distribution?
2. Determine the probability or area for the portions of the normal distribution described.
A. z > 1.96
B. - 1.46 < = 2.84
3. Toms Associates reports that the mean clear height for a Class A warehouse in the United States is 22 feet. Suppose clear heights are normally distributed and that the standard deviation is 4 feet. A Class A warehouse in the United States is randomly selected.
A. What is the probability that the clear height is greater than 17 feet?
B. What is the probability that the clear height is less than 13 feet?
C. What is the probability that the clear height is between 25 and 31 feet?
4. Why would we take a sample instead of a census?
5. Give an example of when you would use stratified random sampling instead of simple random sampling.
6. When would you use non-random sampling like convenience sampling vs random sampling?
7. Design a study you could conduct at work - tell the following:
a. What would the purpose of your study be?
b. What type of data would you collect?
c. What would your frame be?
d. What type of sample would you collect?
e. What type of analysis could you do with your
8. Explain the central limit theorem in your own words (use a diagram if it helps). Why is this theorem important to us?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 10:39 pm ad1c9bdddf
Complete, Neat and Step-by-step Solutions are provided in the attached file.