Listed the assumptions of ANOVAs and parametric tests.
Why do we need the equal variance assumption? What is the purpose and how does it relate to the tests/measurements used? What is the general rule about when violations of the equal variance assumption are likely to lead to serious inaccuracies in results?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 9:14 pm ad1c9bdddf
• Many statistical techniques assume equal variance
• We have been dealing with parametric hypothesis tests, mainly the different version of the t-test
• ANOVA tests the hypothesis that the means are equal, not that variance are equal
• To assuming normality ANOVA assumes that variances are equal for each treatment.
• Models fitted by regression analysis are evaluated ...
Variance assumptions of ANOVAs and parametric tests are analyzed.