In working environment, when an employee is in the mid of making decision based on Business Ethics dilemma of accept or not for a problem faced. He has to make a decision on doing ethical or doing what previous employee done. The employee's main task is to work instead of pursuing? What ethical involve? How to solve this problem and how to conclude.
The concept of Al-Ihsan (Benevolence) is believed to be one of the most effective ways to instill moral ethics and values in oneself simultaneously curbing the rate of unethical behaviors from individual and organization as a whole. Discuss and provide examples where necessary.
1. When an individual is faced with the decision of doing what is ethical or doing what a previous employee has done, then it is always better for the individual to do what is ethical and just. Doing what's ethical and just will also tend to be the legal thing to do as well, which will serve to keep this individual out of legal trouble. It is indeed the employee's main task to work instead of pursuing etc., but the employee must be sure to work in a manner ...
Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
Please perform a critical analysis of two organizations and their application of business ethics.
Download the Anglo-American and Primark case studies using the following links:
Scan the following article by Svennson & Woods:
Svensson, G., & Wood, G. (2008). A model of business ethics. Journal Of Business Ethics, 77(3), 303-322. Accessed on July 13, 2012 from EBSCO.
Machan, T.. (2011, February). Profit: the Right Standard for Business. Barron's, 91(7), 32. Retrieved August 2, 2011, from ProQuest.
And finally, the following article may be lengthy, but it is also a thorough discussion of business ethics, corporate responsibility, and their benefits:
William I. Sauser Jr.. (2005). Ethics in Business: Answering the Call. Journal of Business Ethics, 58(4), 345 357. Retrieved from ProQuest.
Assess the ethics of the business practices of two organizations, and then discuss the costs and the benefits to organizations that act ethically. You will apply one component of Svennson and Wood's business ethics model to one or both companies.
Respond to the following, using Anglo-American and Primark as examples:
1) Describe what is meant by ethical business behavior;
2) Describe how these two companies - Anglo-American and Primark - apply ethics in practice;
3) Discuss the costs and benefits to an organization when that organization behaves ethically.
4) Choose one component of Svennson & Woods' model (found in the journal article "A Model of Business Ethics"), and discuss how your chosen component is relevant for Anglo-American and/or Primark. For example, you might choose "external stakeholder relationships" (page 314), and discuss how Anglo-American benefits from its positive stakeholder relationships (see page 4 of the Anglo-American case study).