How are Piagetian approaches to intelligence similar and/or different than psychometric approaches to intelligence?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 5:43 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. How are Piagetian approaches to intelligence similar and/or different than psychometric approaches to intelligence?
Interesting question! Let's take a closer look:
1. Both accept genetic determinants of intelligence.
2. Both accept maturational determination of intelligence.
3. Both use non-experiemental methodology
4. Both attempt to measure intellectual functions that the child is expected to have developed by a certain age.
5. Both conceive of intelligence as being essentially rational.
6. Both assume that maturation of intellectual process is ...
This solution details the similarities and differences between the Piagetian and Psychometric approaches to intelligence. Two sources are provided.