Your group has been hired by an advertising firm that is developing a series of commercials for family-oriented products geared toward the entire family. They want to develop a series of commercials that will target family members at various life stages. Your group needs to thoroughly describe Erikson's theory of Psychosocial development. In your description of each stage, identify and analyze a television, movie, or literary character for each stage of the theory. Discuss how that character typifies the stage and how the character is resolving the conflict. The marketing firm will use this information as they develop commercials targeting each developmental stage. Finally, provide a review of three recent studies relating to Erikson's theory of development from the list below.
- Give a description of Erikson's theory, including the stages of development using the criteria listed above.
- Identify a character at each stage.
- Choose three of the following studies found in the Library.
- For each one you choose, describe the study and discuss how it supports or does not support the information you have written in your report about Erikson. Specifically:
o Which particular aspects of the theory does the study examine?
o Do the experimental or discussion results strengthen or weaken the theory and you ideas? Why?
o Do you agree or disagree with the conclusions? Why or why not?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 12:31 am ad1c9bdddf
This is a big project. Although the final product will be up to you, I can help you with some of the information to consider for the project. It asks you to review three articles from a list of articles, which you did not include, so that ill be up to you. I did, however, locate one article to include related to the topic and I briefly summarized it and provided the link for the article as well. I also attached some of the main characters of Titanic and a sample paper in APA format to refer to for your final copy.
Although Titanic is a good choice for the older characters, it has very few children, so for the younger children, I suggested other common television characters.
The information for the characters comes from the following websites:
-The Movie, the Deceiver child character, see http://www.casablancavideo.com.ar/movies/farsante/.
-The Simpson's click http://tim.rawle.org/simpsons/cha_ah.htm or http://www.worldwide-web.com/JeffreyBabad/Simpsons/characters.html and http://www.area51newmexico.com/simpsons/simpsons_characters.html
-Television series Roseanne click http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094540/.
-Soap opera General Hospital children, see http://www.childrenofsalem.com/days/soapkids/gh/ghkids11.html#talamo
-The movie Titanic characters, see http://www.titanicmovie.com/past/char_index.html.
-Chart of Erikson's theory, see: http://www.marshall.edu/jrcp/JRCP%20Intro%20GLBT/JRCP%20Erikson.htm
Let's take a closer look.
1. Give a description of Erikson's theory, including the stages of development using the criteria listed above. Identify a character at each stage.
The Titanic has characters for later stages of Erikson's theory and most people have seen the movie. As mentioned above, the children are the hardest to choose, but I chose some that most people should know for each age group for you to consider.
1. The Simpson's, for the younger stages;
2. Roseanne is also familiar television series to consider for the middle aged characters.
3. The Movie, the Deceiver, for one of the younger children
4. The Movie, the Titanic for the older children and adults.
5. The familiar soap opera: General Hospital for another child character.
Erikson's Psychosocial Stages
1. Infant (0-1)
E.g. Simpson's ...