What can you tell me about the understanding and application of knowledge in child and adolescent psychology?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 20, 2018, 2:49 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the response attached, which is also presented below. I also attached one article to consider.
Interesting and open ended question! Let's take a closer look.
1. What can you tell me about the understanding and application of knowledge in child and adolescent psychology?
A basic understanding and knowledge of child and adolescent psychology includes theories and issues related to development and also provide an understanding in topics that illustrate abnormal behaviors. It involves an understanding of some of the issues affecting parents and families; an understanding of the issues involved in cultural diversity; an understanding of the issues involved in labeling and classification of mental health problems in childhood and adolescents; knowledge of the history and current perspectives of developmental psychology; knowledge of the developmental pathways involved in:
1. Prenatal development and birth;
2. Social and personality development in infancy and toddler-hood.
3. Physical, Cognitive, social (play, peer interaction, parents, siblings, etc.) and personality development in childhood and adolescents.
4. Physical, cognitive, social and personality development at school age, and social and personality development in adolescence
5. Disorders in childhood and adolescents. It also provides an understanding of the issues involved in fetal alcohol syndrome, Down Syndrome, Autism, Attention ...
This solution explains the understanding and application of knowledge in child and adolescent psychology.