- Describe the fundamental differences between inpatient and outpatient treatment.
- Explain for whom and why you would use outpatient treatment as opposed to inpatient treatment.
Hi and thank you for using BrainMass. The solution below should get you started. In this particular problem, you are asking for assistance in putting together a comparative discussion on the difference between 2 forms of treatment. I suggest using this outline -
1. Outpatient vs. Inpatient - what is the difference? 100 words.
2. Using outpatient - an example - 100 words.
3. Using Inpatient - an example - 100 words.
This solution should get you started. You can use the listed resources for further exploration of the topic. Good luck with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
Inpatient & Outpatient Treatment Programs
Gifford (2012) writes that for a host of disorders and issues such as substance abuse, outpatient and residential (inpatient) programs can provide that essential level of care necessary to achieve a long term recovery. With outpatient programs, the care is provided in a doctor's office, the patient's home or a hospital's outpatient department supplemented by medications administered at home. This is the norm for routine medical treatment for people who do not need institutional care but need nursing services, therapy, medical supplies and related outpatient services. As long as the medical condition, ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tackling the task (see above) on the topic of outpatient and outpatient treatment. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.