I have not been able to locate an article dealing with my topic, the nature of violence in girls/females.
1. Do you know of one good article to start me off?
2. I need to use at least five sources.
3. Can you also provide me with information on the myths and facts about female violence? Thank you.
Interesting questions and topic. I will address your questions in the order that you presented them.
1. "I have not been able to locate an article dealing with my topic, the nature of violence in girls. Do you know of a good article?"
I have located one fairly recent article (1999) that deals with girls and violence:
ERIC Digest Number 143.
Title: Girls and Violence
Author: Weiler, Jeanne
Available From: ERIC Clearinghouse on Urban Education, Institute for Urban and Minority Education, Box 40, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027
2. "I need to use at least five sources."
This article provides 13 sources that you may want to use for your paper. There are other links below as well.
3. Can you also provide me with information on the myths and facts about female violence?
MYTHS AND FACTS ABOUT YOUNG WOMEN'S VIOLENCE (http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/016.htm)
2006: NEW RESEARCH: More girls are being arrested, and that's skewing perceptions. "From 1980 to 2003, the UCR data show that the percentage of girls arrested for assault (combined figures for aggravated assault and simple assault) rose from 20 percent to more than 30 percent; the NCVS victimization data show up-and-down swings over the same period but with the female-to-male percentage of assaults averaging about 22 percent in both the 1980s and 1990s. The female percentage was 20 percent in1980 and 19 ...
The topic of the violence in females is a hot topic. This solution provides a comprehensive article (4 pages) dealing with the nature of violence in females, as well as a list of myths and facts related to female violence. Bibliography lists 13 sources and other links and articles are also suggested.