- Describe the forensic populations you might work with in a prison psychology forensic professional role. Include an explanation of any ethical issues you might face when working with these populations and an explanation of how you might overcome these issues?
- Describe specific professional ethical codes and guidelines that might be relevant to the services/situation. Identify and analyze ethical codes or guidelines that might be difficult to follow and explain why.
- Identify and analyze APA and AP-LS codes and guidelines that may be conflicting in the professional role you identified Explain how you might address these conflicts.
Hi and thank you for your patience. In this particular task, you are asking for help in putting together a discussion on prison population and some applicable ethics codes. I suggest making it simple using the following outline:
1. Prison Populations example - 100 words
2. Applicable codes - 100 words
3. Code conflict - 100 words
4. Addressing the conflict - 100 words
The outline should yield 400 words which should cover what you need. Just let me know via the feedback section if you need further clarification. You can also use the listed resources to further explore the topic. All the best with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
Prison Populations & Ethics
Just as in the larger society, prison populations are grouped according to a number of characteristics and attributes - from ethnicity, to belief systems, to gender, to age and in some cases, crime committed. Grouping of the prison population are both formal and informal, the former listed according to attributes important in identifying and classifying individuals for statistical, management and forensic purposes while the latter for referential as brought on by labels and elements of identity defined most of the time by the incarcerated themselves. Concurrently, there are over 7.3 million prisoners in the US, or 1 in every 31 adults with 1.6 million in State and federal Prisons and around 87,000 in Juvenile facilities. This number includes both those who have committed violent and non-violent crime, from ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise on the topic of dealing with ethical issues in prison psychology and management of prison populations. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.