- Review AP-LS guidelines. Pay attention to the specialized nature of the guidelines that might apply to assessment in a forensic setting.
- Select two AP-LS guidelines that would be a challenge for you to adhere to if you were to conduct an assessment in a forensic setting.
- Think about why each might be difficult to adhere to and how you might address the difficulty a description of each of the guidelines you selected. Then explain why each might be difficult to adhere to if you were conducting an assessment in a forensic setting and how you would address the difficulty
Hi, thank you for your patience. The solution below should get you started. In this particular task, you are asking for help in putting together a discussion on difficulty in adhering to guidelines. Choosing 2 is easy enough but choose two that could be conceivably easy enough to discuss. I suggest using this simple outline:
1. Overview - 100 words
2. Guideline 1 and difficulty - 150 words
3. Guideline 2 and difficulty - 150 words
This outline should yield 400 words which should cover what you need. Just let me know via the feedback section if you need further clarification. All the best with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
Adherence to APA Speciality Guidelines for Forensic Psychology
While following the APA code of ethics is mandated, and the guideline for forensic psychologists in terms of ethical practice is set as the standard and expected form of practice for all practicing forensic psychologists under APA, the fact that socially-based practice is not straightforward and every case presents unique challenges, means that sometimes, adherence to guidelines can be difficult. Additionally, forensic psychologists are subject to their unique socializations - their emotions, ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advice on the topic of the difficulties in adhering to the ethical guidelines set for the practice of forensic psychology by the APA. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.