See attached file.
1. On planet Tehar, the free fall acceleration is the same as that on Earth but there is also strong downward electric field with the field being uniform close to the planet's surface. A 2.00 kg ball having a charge of 5.00 mC is thrown upward at a speed of 20.1 m/s and it hits the ground after an interval of 4.10 s. What is the potential difference between the starting point and the top point of the trajectory?
2. An electron starts from rest 3.00cm from the center of a uniformly charged sphere of radius 2.00cm. If the shpere carries a total charge of 1.00 * 10^-9C, how fast will the electron be moving when it reaches the surface of the sphere?
3. A certain storm cloud has a potential difference of 1.00 * 10^8V relative to a tree. If, during a lightning storm, 50.0C of charge is transferred through this potential difference and 100% of the energy is absorbed by the tree, how much water(sap in the tree) initially at 30.0degreeC can be boiled away? Water has a specific heat of 4186J/kg degreeC, at boiling point of 100 degreeC, and a heat of vaporization of 2.26 * 10^6J/kg
4. A plastic pellet has a mass of 7.5*10^-10kg and carries a charge of 2.00 *10^-9C. The pellet is fired horizontally between a pair of oppositely charged paralled plates, as shown in the attachment, If the electric field strength between the plates is 9.2*10^4N/C and the pellet enters the plates with an initial speed of 150m/s, determine the deflection angle &. (hint this is similar to those involving the motion of a projectile under gravity)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 5:18 pm ad1c9bdddf
The step by step solutions include sufficient narrative for full understanding of the solutions.
You and a friend are spending the weekend making up missed lab experiments. You are on to second semester material and are studying the electrostatic interaction of two charges.
You and a friend are spending the weekend making up missed lab experiments. You are on to second semester material and are studying the electrostatic interaction of two charges. You notice that two charges are exerting a certain force on one another. If the distance between two electric charges doubles, then the force they exert on each other changes by how much?
Please refer to attachment for full questions.
Which of the following would be a good candidate for magnetic storage?
A) a soft magnetic material
D) electrically conductive plastic
Radio waves travel through empty space
A) Faster than visible light
B) Slower than visible light
C) At the speed of visible light
D) With only electric fields and not magnetic fields
A tank circuit
A) switches energy stored between electric in the capacitor and magnetic in the resistor
B) switches energy stored between electric in the inductor and magnetic in the capacitor
C) switches energy stored between electric in the capacitor and magnetic in the inductor
D) switches energy stored between electric in the capacitor and magnetic in the inductor
The speed of light is roughly 300,000,000 m/s. A radio station has frequency 100 megahertz. What is the station's wavelength?
A) 30,000,000,000 meters
B) 3,000,000 meters
C) 3.0 meters
D) 0.33 meters
If an electric field wave oscillates north and south, and the wave is traveling straight up, then what direction does the magnetic field wave oscillate?
A) East and west
B) North and south
C) Up and down
D) It does not oscillate: this situation is impossible
One way radio waves do not differ from visible light is that
A) There will never be a movie named "Visible Light".
B) Radio waves have less energy and travel slower than visible light
C) Radio waves have less energy and travel faster than visible light
D) Radio waves travel at the same speed as visible light
11. Electric fields come from
A) electric charge only
B) electric charge or changing magnetic fields
C) changing magnetic fields only
D) electric charge or any magnetic field