The specific heat of a gas at a constant pressure is 1.70 times the specific heat at a constant volume. Find the specific heat at a constant pressure. Universal gas constant= r= 8.31 J(mol K)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 7:05 pm ad1c9bdddf
For any ideal gas the specific heats are related by R
Cp = Cv ...
This solution calculates the specific heat of a gas at a constant pressure.
Specific heat, density, photon energy, wavelength characteristics
See attachment for problems.
Chemistry review questions: specific heat, density, photon energy, wavelength characteristics, gas laws and unit conversion.
2. (4 points) Normal body temperature is 98.6°F. Calculate the temperature in
4. (2 points) The specific heat of barium is 0.192 joule per gram degree Celsius. The specific heat of gold is 0.129 joule per gram degree Celsius. If 20.0 calories are added to 5.0 grams each of barium and gold, both at the same temperature, which element will have the higher final temperature?
gold or barium (circle one)
6. (10 points) Complete the following table:
a) 1 pound = _________ g
b) 1 liter = _________ qt
c) 1 in = _________ cm
d) 1 g = _________ mg
e) 1 km = _________ m
f) 1 L = _________ pL
g) 1 m = _________ cm
h) 1 g = _________ µg
i) 1 cal = _________ dcal
j) 1 erg = _________ nerg
7. (5 points) Calculate the density of a box having a mass of 158 g and dimensions: height 15.3 cm, length 4.81 cm, and width 4.92 cm.
9. (5 points) The energy of a photon is given by . The constant k = hc, where h = J.sec, and c = m/sec. Calculate the energy of an x-ray photon having a wavelength of m.
10. (5 points) Copper has a density of 8.92 g/cc. Calculate the volume that 6.89 grams of copper would occupy.
11. (2 points) Indicate if the quantity is a unit of mass, length, volume, energy or force.
a) 3.5 _____________ b) _____________
13. (2 points) As the wavelength increases the energy of the electromagnetic radiation also increases.
True or False (Circle one)
14. (5 points) If a sample of nitrogen occupies 596 mL at 21.0°C, what volume does it occupy at 62.0°C if the pressure remains constant?
15. (5 points) A sample of oxygen gas occupies 9.42 L at 575 torr. What pressure is required to compress the gas to a volume of 5.32 L?
16. (5 points) Suppose 5.00 liters of at 450 torr and 6.00 liters of at 300 torr are mixed in a 12.0 liter flask with the temperature remaining constant. What is the total pressure exerted by the gases in the 12.0 liter flask? Hint: First find the pressure of each gas at the new volume. Then use Dalton's law.
17. (5 points) Solve the conversion problem.
? ton = µg
18. (5 points) Solve the conversion problem.
? yd = 3.55 Gm
19. (5 points) Solve the conversion problem.
? gal = 4.29 kL
20. (5 points) Solve the conversion problem.
21. (5 points) Solve the conversion problem.
22. (5 points) Solve the conversion problem.View Full Posting Details