1. Modern picture frames sometimes come with "nonreflecting" glass (i.e., glass whose surface has been deliberately made rough). What does it actually accomplish?
2. How is it that you can see your image in the surface of a polished black automobile? Explain what's happening. What allows you to see the gin in a glass, or the glass itself, for that matter?.
1. If the atmosphere were very much deeper than it is now, the Sun might appear: (a) blue at sunset (b) red at noon (c) green at sunrise (d) violet at noon (e) none of these. Explain your choice.
2. When light is incident on a smooth surface, the angleof incidence ordinarily: (a) equals the angle of scattering (b) doesn't equal the angle of reflection (c) equals the angle of refraction (d) equals the polarization (e) none of these. Explain your choice.
A person stands 1.0 m from a window which is 1/2 m tall and looking out sees a tree that is 11.0 m from the window. If she sees the tree just fill the window, how tall is the tree? Compare this geometry with that of the previous problem. PREVIOUS PROBLEM: A women stands between a vertical mirror 1/2 m tall and a distant tree whose height is H. She is 1.0 m from the mirror, and the tree is 11.0 m from the mirror. If she sees the tree just fill the mirror, how tall is the tree? (Hint: the tree is behind her and rays from its top and bottom get into her eyes.)
2. A man 6 ft tall standing 10 ft from a 3-ft-high vertical mirror can see his entire image in it. If his eyes are 4 inch below the very top of his head, how high above the floor is the bottom edge of the mirror?
3. Carbon disulfide is a liquid that has an index of refraction of 1.63 as compared with PVC, which has an index of 1.54. In which does light travel faster and what is the difference in the speeds?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 24, 2021, 4:43 pm ad1c9bdddf