(See attached file for full problem description).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 7:19 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file.
Continuity equation : Assuming the liquid to be incompressible, rate of flow of liquid at any cross section is same. Thus, av = constant (a1v1 = a2v2 = a3v3) where a = area of cross section, v = velocity of liquid at that cross section. ........(1)
Bernoulli's theorem : For streamline flow of a perfect liquid in a pipe, the sum of pressure energy, potential energy and the kinetic energy per unit mass is constant throughout the flow. This can be expressed by the following equation : P/ρ + gh + ½ v2 = Constant ....(2)
Alternative forms of the above equation are :
Multiplying (2) by ρ we get : P + ρgh + ½ ρv2 = Constant ......(3)
Dividing (2) by g we get : P/ρg + h + ½ (v2)/g= Constant ....(4)
Torricelli's theorem : The velocity (v) of liquid emerging out of an orifice in a container will be the same as a freely falling object would acquire after falling through a distance equal to the vertical distance (h) between the free surface of the liquid and the orifice.
V = √2gh (g = acceleration due to gravity) .........(5)
Flow of water = 1.9 x 10-3 m3/min
Using Torricelli's theorem we calculate velocity of water coming out of the hole as:
Solutions to these ten problems illustrate different principles of hydrodynamics such as continuity equation, Bernoulli's theorem, Torricelli's theorem, siphon.
Riordan supply chain and operational design
Riordan Supply-Chain and Operational Design Analysis Pt.1
• Ch. 9 Quality
• Previous Assignment Information
• Riordan Simulation
• Project Requirements (Dr. Tom)
Writing Tense: 3rd Person (He, She, They, or It)
Writing Style: Expository (Explain, Review, and Describe - Be Objective - Avoid Personal Opinions)
Minimum Word Count for the Assignment: Between 450 - 600 total words
Answer the following discussion points with operational concepts presented within the course material.
• Determine Riordan's manufacturing strategy (Chase, Level, or combination) and explain its benefits.
• Describe how lean production principles may be used to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain process
• Create an analysis-based process flow diagram for the existing versus the proposed supply-chain and operational processes
Assignment Quality Requirements
• Includes an active attempt to present the information in a clear, and concise manner
• Includes one or more supporting citations for each discussion point. The primary supporting citation must be from the course text, and or, course support documents.
• Includes external support citations from a minimum of two peer-reviewed journal articles less than 5-years old. The supporting article references satisfy the writing requirements for conducting research beyond the course material.
(Basic definitions and concepts not cited from the course text and support materials will result in points deducted from the overall assignment score.)
• Formatted based on the standard APA citation rules
• Submitted through the Plagiarism Checker/Grammarly Tools and demonstrate a reasonable attempt to correct quality issues
• Reviewed and adjusted per writing requirements in the course Instructor