Line with 2 Charges: Electric potential and electric field
This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!
Q7: A Line with 2 Charges
Two equal and opposite charges are located on the x-axis. Which of the following statements are true about the electric potential and the electric field in the region surrounding the two point charges (at points A,B,C,D)?
1. T/F At point A, the electric field is zero.
2. T/F At point C, the electric field is zero.
3. T/F The electric potential is greatest at point D.
4. T/F The electric potential is zero at all points on the circle (ABCD).
5. T/F The electric potential is smallest at point D.
1. Electric field intensity at any point in an electrostatic field is defined as the force experienced by a unit positive charge placed at that point. A unit positive charge placed at point A will experience a repulsive force due to q2 in - x direction and an attractive force due to q1 also in -x direction. Hence, net force on it i.e. the electric field intensity at A is not ...
Electric potential and electric fields for the line with two charges are determined.