Please help with the following problems.
1. In the figure, two charges q1=+3.0uC and q2=-2.0uC are separated by 6.0cm.
a. Find the electric forces exerted on each other (magnitude and direction)
b. Find the electric field from point P, which id 4.0cm to the right q2 (megnitude and direction).
c. Find the positions along the line connecting two charges where the electric field is zero.
d. Find the electric field a point P', which is 4.0cm directly above the midpoint between the two charges. Express the answer by unit vectors.
(see attached file for figure)
2. In the figure of problem #1, a third charge q3=1.0uC is brought to position P'.
a. FInd the electric potential energy U of the three-charge configuration.
b. With q3 located at P', find the electric potential V at the location of the midpoint between q1 and q2, where there is no electric charge.
In this posting, electric potential and electric field of two and three charges are examined. The position along the line connecting two charges where the electric field is zero is determined.
Line with 2 Charges: Electric potential and electric field
Q7: A Line with 2 Charges
Two equal and opposite charges are located on the x-axis. Which of the following statements are true about the electric potential and the electric field in the region surrounding the two point charges (at points A,B,C,D)?
1. T/F At point A, the electric field is zero.
2. T/F At point C, the electric field is zero.
3. T/F The electric potential is greatest at point D.
4. T/F The electric potential is zero at all points on the circle (ABCD).
5. T/F The electric potential is smallest at point D.