1. Propose a list of human traits that are believed to be "feminine" and traits that are "masculine." Support your claims with reasons.
2. Propose a list of human traits that you believe are "female" and traits that are "male." Support your claims with reasons.
First let us compile a list of male and female characteristics/stereotypes, and then divide them into feminine/female and masculine/male categories
At Home, Kitchen
Small and petite
Barefoot and pregnant
1. At Home, Kitchen- Although both men and women can be at home and in the kitchen, it is a societal norm to expect that women stay at home and do the cooking while men earn the money. This norm is slowly changing as households change to double income households.
2. Emotional- Although both men and women are capable of the same level and diversity of emotions, society has cultivated it more in the female population to the point that it has become a very feminine characteristic.
3. Listening- Again both men and women are capable of doing this, but it has become more associated as a feminine characteristic because listening involves caring. Caring implies weakness and men have been socially conditioned not to show weakness.
4. Submissive- Very feminine quality. Any man showing submissiveness is deemed to be weak and could then lose status in the workplace or the community. Slowly society is ...