How were the writings of Aristotle preserved in the form we have them today? Include the key players and events.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 5:27 pm ad1c9bdddf
Let's take a closer look.
1. How were the writings of Aristotle preserved in the form we have them today? Include the key players and events.
The main facts about the Preservation of Aristotle's writings are as follows:
1. It is reported that Aristotle's writings were held by his student Theophrastus, who had succeeded Aristotle in leadership of the Peripatetic School. Theophrastus's library passed to his pupil Neleus.
2. To protect the books ...
This solution explains how the writings of Aristotle were preserved in the form we have them today, including the key players and events in the preservation process. Two links are also provided.
Ethics and Morality
1) What does Virtual Ethics mean to you? Include ideas and concepts for virtue ethics that are new for you and have significantly enhanced your understanding of ethics.
2) Describe who deserves moral consideration. What is your take on the scope of morality? Using examples from your personal experience. How would your views on this issue impact other individuals? How would they impact society?
3) Choose one contemporary environmental dilemma. Use your understanding of the scope of morality and environmental ethics to explain the cause for this dilemma and a possible solution. What part, if at all, can you, as an individual, play in effecting such a solution?