1. If a person invests in a tax-sheltered annuity, the money invested, as well as the interest earned, is not subject to taxation until withdrawn from the account. Assume that a person invests $2000 each year in a tax-sheltered annuity at 10 percent interest compounded annually. Let An represent the amount at the end of n year
1. Pauline takes a loan of S dollars at an interest rate of r percent per month, compounded monthly. She plans to repay the loan in T equal monthly installments of P dollars each.
a) Let a(subscript n) denote the amount Pauline owes on the loan after n months. Write a recurrencerelation for a (subscript n).
b) Solve the rec
Please help with the following discrete math involving recurrencerelations, compound interest, polynomials, number of combinations and iteration.
14. Individual membership fees at the evergreen tennis club were $50 in 1970 and have increased by $2 per year since then. Write a recurrencerelation and initial conditions for
A) Find a recurrencerelation for the number of bit strings of length n that contain three consecutive 0s.
b) What are the initial conditions?
c) How many bit strings of length seven contain three consecutive 0s?
1) Find and solve a recurrencerelation for the number of n-digit ternary sequences with no consecutive digits being equal.
2) Find and solve a recurrencerelation for the number of infinite regions formed by n infinite lines drawn in the plane so that each pair of lines intersects at a different point.
3) Find and solve a
In order to test a vaccine, we have to find patients with a certain blood type, that is found in 20% of the population. Model W, the number of people sampled until we have found one with thhis blood type; X, the number sampled to find four with the blood type; and Y, the number with this blood type among 20 people. Find the mean
1. A baseball manager has decided who his 5 starting hitters are to be, but not the order in which they will bat. How many possibilities are there?
2. Susan has a fondness for chocolate desserts, in particular, pudding, pie, ice cream, éclairs, and cookies. Her preference is for ice cream over pie and cookies, éclairs over