See the attachment.
6. A coin and a die are tossed. What is the probability of getting a head on the coin and a 4 on the die?
Franco has a bag with four letter tiles in it. All of the tiles are the same size and shape, as shown below.(see attachment). One face of each tile has a letter on it, and the other faces are blank.Franco will select a tile at random, record the letter, and put the tile back.If he does this two times, what is the probability that Franco will select a T and then a B?
8. Based on their previous records, there is a J probability that the Wildcats baseball team will beat their crosstown rivals, the Cornhuskers. In a three-game series, what is the probability that the Wildcats will win all three?
9. A bag of marbles contains three'blue, one black, and four yellow marbles. If two marbles are chosen at random without replacement, what is the probability that both marbles will be yellow?
10. Henry's dresser drawer has many lose socks: 5 gray, 5 black and 6 white. If two socks are randomly pulled out without replacement, what is the probability that both socks will be white?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:12 am ad1c9bdddf
6) The coin being tossed and the die being tossed are independent events so their probabilities will be multiplied together.
Probability of getting heads
Probability of getting a 4 on the ...
This solution provides answers to various questions involving probability and replacement.
Statistics Probability Problem
I am not sure how to compile the contingency table from probabilities given.
Each yr ratings are compiled concerning the performance of new cars during the first 90 days of use. Suppose that the other cars have been categorized according to whether the car needs warranty - related repair (yes or no) and the country in which the company is based is Us or Non US. Based on the data collected, the the probability that the new cars need warranty repair is 0.04, the probability that the car is manufactured by a US based company is 0.60 , and the probability that the new car needs a warranty repair and was manufactured by a US based Company is 0.023.
Construct a contingency table or a Venn Diagram to evaluate the probabilities of a warranty related repair:
What is the probability that a new car selected at random:
a. Needs warranty repair
b. Needs warranty repair and was manufactured by a US based Company.
c. Needs a warranty repair or was manufactured in the US
d. Needs warranty repair or was not manufactured by a US based Company.