Not what you're looking for?
1. This week we learned about normal distributions:
a. Using your own words, tell me what the difference is between a normal distribution and a standard normal distribution.
b. Why do we convert values to z scores to find probability?
2. What is the difference between z scores and area in a bell curve?
3. T / F The number associated with the area under the bell curve that falls to the left of the mean or center line is a negative value (read this carefully).
Purchase this Solution
Normal Distribution, Standard Normal Distribution, Probability, Bell Curve and z-Scores are investigated.
- BSc , Wuhan Univ. China
- MA, Shandong Univ.
- "Your solution, looks excellent. I recognize things from previous chapters. I have seen the standard deviation formula you used to get 5.154. I do understand the Central Limit Theorem needs the sample size (n) to be greater than 30, we have 100. I do understand the sample mean(s) of the population will follow a normal distribution, and that CLT states the sample mean of population is the population (mean), we have 143.74. But when and WHY do we use the standard deviation formula where you got 5.154. WHEN & Why use standard deviation of the sample mean. I don't understand, why don't we simply use the "100" I understand that standard deviation is the square root of variance. I do understand that the variance is the square of the differences of each sample data value minus the mean. But somehow, why not use 100, why use standard deviation of sample mean? Please help explain."
- "excellent work"
- "Thank you so much for all of your help!!! I will be posting another assignment. Please let me know (once posted), if the credits I'm offering is enough or you ! Thanks again!"
- "Thank you"
- "Thank you very much for your valuable time and assistance!"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz test you on how well you are familiar with solving quadratic inequalities.
Understanding of how geometry applies to in real-world contexts
Some questions on probability
This is a short quiz to check your understanding of multiplication of complex numbers in rectangular form.
This quiz helps you easily identify a function and test your understanding of ranges, domains , function inverses and transformations.