1. Minimize the perimeter of rectangles with area 25 cm^2 . Is there a maximum perimeter of rectangles with area 25 cm?
2. Find two numbers whose difference is 100 and whose product is a minimum.
3. If 1200 cm2 of material is available to make a box with a square base and an open top, find the largest possible volume of the box.
4. Find the point on the line 6x+y=9 that is closest to the point (-3,1)(Check your answer with the grapher)
5. Maximize the area of rectangles inscribed in the right triangle with lengths of sides 5, 12, and 13.
Please see the attached file for the complete solution.
Thanks for using BrainMass.
Find the point on the line that is closest to the point (Check your answer with the grapher) ...
This solution looks and optimization and investigates how to calculate the closest point on a line. This solution is provided in two attached Word documents.