In problems 1-4 (a) does the equation Ax = 0 have a nontrivial solution and (b) does the equation the Ax = b have at least one solution for every possible b?
1) A is a 3x3 matrix with three pivot positions.
2) A is a 3x3 matrix with two pivot positions.
3) A is a 3x2 matrix with two pivot positions.
4) A is a 2x4 matrix with two pivot positions.
2) Given A= , find one nontrivial solution of Ax=0 by inspection. (Hint: think of the equation Ax=0 written as a vector equation.
****NOTE: the numbers in the matrix are row#1 = -2 and -6, row#2 = 7 and 21, row #3 = -3 and -9.
See attached file for full problem description.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 7:41 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file for the complete solution.
Thanks for using BrainMass.
In problems 1-4 (a) does the equation Ax=0 have a nontrivial solution and (b) does the equation Ax=b ...
Matrices, pivot positions and solutions for Ax+0 and Ax=b are investigated. The solution is detailed and well presented. The response received a rating of "5/5" from the student who originally posted the question.