Please see attached file for full problem description.
1. Two cars leave a restaurant at the same time and travel in opposite directions. One averages 50 miles per hour and the other averages 40 miles per hour. After how long will they be 216 miles apart?
2. How many gallons of a 4% acid solution should be mixed with 20 gallons of a 10% acid solution to obtain a mixture that is 5% acid?
3. Complete the table of values for
x | | (x,y)
0 | |
3 | |
6 | |
4. Determine if the ordered pair (0, 2) is a solution of -3x + y = 2.
5. Determine whether the lines through each pair of points are parallel. Tell how you determined the answer.
(0, 1) and (3, 7)
(1, 1) and (2, 3)
Systems of Equations Word Problems are solved. The solution is detailed and well presented. The response received a rating of "5/5" from the student who originally posted the question.