10. solve the system by graphing
The graphs of the following systems are given in (a) through
(d). Match each system with the correct graph.
a-d graph lines intersect at the following points
43. Solve system by substitution. Determine whether the
equations are independent, dependent, or inconsistent.
69. Solve system by the substitution method.
88. Write a system of two equations in two unknowns for each problem.
Solve each system by substitution.
Annual concert. A total of 150 tickets were sold for the
annual concert to students and nonstudents. Student tickets
were $5 and nonstudent tickets were $8. If the total revenue
for the concert was $930, then how many tickets of each
type were sold?
91. Mixing investments. Helen invested $40,000 and received
a total of $2300 in interest after one year. If part of the
money returned 5% and the remainder 8%, then how much
did she invest at each rate?
8. Solve the system by addition.
25. Solve the system by the addition method. Determine whether
the equations are independent, dependent, or inconsistent
35. Solve the system by the addition method.
49. Solve each system by substitution or addition, whichever is easier
72. Write a system of two equations in two unknowns for each
problem. Solve each system by the method of your choice.
Books and magazines. At Gwen's garage sale, all books
were one price, and all magazines were another price.
Harriet bought four books and three magazines for $1.45,
and June bought two books and five magazines for $1.25.
What was the price of a book and what was the price of a
73. Boys and girls. One-half of the boys and one-third of the
girls of Freemont High attended the homecoming game,
whereas one-third of the boys and one-half of the
girls attended the homecoming dance. If there were
570 students at the game and 580 at the dance, then how
many students are there at Freemont High?
MTH 208© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 21, 2018, 11:47 pm ad1c9bdddf
Detailed explanations to all the word and graphing problems is given.