1) Given one point on the graph (-3, -5) and the slope, m = -2, develop an equation in the slope-intercept format Lecture).
2) Given one point on the graph (- 2/3, 2/5) and the slope, m = - 3, develop an equation in the slope-intercept format(Lecture).
3) Given the following two points, (- 4, - 2) & (-1, - 5),develop an equation in the slope-intercept format(Lecture).
4) Given m = - 2 and the y-intercept = 3, give me an equation in the slope intercept format (Lecture)?
5) Given the following ordered pairs, develop the slopes(Lecture).
a) (3, - 2), (3, -1) b) (- 2, 1), (- 3, 1)
6) Solve the following system of equations: Use the substitution method for a. & the elimination method (addition/subtraction) for b (Lecture).
a) 2x + y = 6 b) 5x - 3y = 24
3x + 4y = 4 3x + 5y = 28
7) Graph the following inequalities in two variables: Do not turn this problem in, work it out at home and then compare it to the solutions you will be sent. Learn how to do this problem, you may see it on the Final (Lecture).
a) 6x - 2y < 12 b) 2x + 3y < 6 c) 2x + 4 < y + 7 d) 2y + 6 > 3x + 7
8) A particular piece of machinery has a yearly depreciation of $2,400. What would be the depreciation for the first year (straight-line method) if the piece of machinery were purchased on July 14th? (Assume that the company depreciates on a calendar year from Jan 1st to Dec 31st.)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 7:54 pm ad1c9bdddf
Linear equations and inequalities are investigated. The solution is detailed and well presented.