Not what you're looking for?
Given the function R(x) = X^2 + x -12 / X^2 - 4
1. Give the domain
2. Give the X - intercepts
3. Give the Y - intercepts
4. Does it have symmetry with respect to the Y-axis, the origin or neither?
5. Give the vertical asymptotes
6. Give the horizontal asymptotes
7. Graph the function by dividing the axis and tell if the graph is above or below the axis for it's intervals.
Purchase this Solution
Domain, Intercepts, Symmetry, Asymptotes and Graph of a function are investigated. The solution is detailed and well presented. The response was given a rating of "5" by the student who originally posted the question.
- BSc , Wuhan Univ. China
- MA, Shandong Univ.
- "Your solution, looks excellent. I recognize things from previous chapters. I have seen the standard deviation formula you used to get 5.154. I do understand the Central Limit Theorem needs the sample size (n) to be greater than 30, we have 100. I do understand the sample mean(s) of the population will follow a normal distribution, and that CLT states the sample mean of population is the population (mean), we have 143.74. But when and WHY do we use the standard deviation formula where you got 5.154. WHEN & Why use standard deviation of the sample mean. I don't understand, why don't we simply use the "100" I understand that standard deviation is the square root of variance. I do understand that the variance is the square of the differences of each sample data value minus the mean. But somehow, why not use 100, why use standard deviation of sample mean? Please help explain."
- "excellent work"
- "Thank you so much for all of your help!!! I will be posting another assignment. Please let me know (once posted), if the credits I'm offering is enough or you ! Thanks again!"
- "Thank you"
- "Thank you very much for your valuable time and assistance!"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz test you on how well you are familiar with solving quadratic inequalities.
Some questions on probability
Each question is a choice-summary multiple choice question that will present you with a linear equation and then make 4 statements about that equation. You must determine which of the 4 statements are true (if any) in regards to the equation.
This is a short quiz to check your understanding of multiplication of complex numbers in rectangular form.
In this quiz, you will have a chance to practice basic terminology of exponential expressions and how to evaluate them.